Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Air-B-N-Me
Just like the final project, when I heard about this I was more nervous than excited. I was nervous about the technology part and when my group members decided to work by themselves I was already stressing myself out. I knew I did not know Periscope, and I never uploaded a video on YouTube. I felt a little better when my teacher assigned support groups, and my team members were so helpful. The hardest part actually turned out to be what I thought was going to be the easiest and it literally took forever to create Destiny! I thought it was better to try and make my ads and character before I met with my group so we could discuss it. I actually came up with other characters before getting to Destiny, and I tested them out with my mom. When I was home, my mom was my little support group. I told her some of my first ideas, and she basically just told me they were boring. And just like the support group, she offered some ideas that really helped.
Due to my team members who had already put everything on the site, I had a smoother process. I probably would not have engaged in certain actions if it was not for Martha and Debbie. All I basically had to do after the support group session was wait for a response from Mark and Rob, post my ads, and do my videos. I carefully selected the times and days I would do the video and I took all the necessary steps to purchase all the items I needed for them. I was surprised to see I had a viewer on each one. But the part I enjoyed the most, was writing and reading the reviews. I love the fact Destiny and her ads created so much curiosity, and I liked acting like my character even though at times I just could not get my (real) self to say certain things. Lastly, thinking about the comment Laura made in class I learned it is so much easier to “just be yourself” although my life may have been boring to others if we did so.


No comments:

Post a Comment